Welcome to Career Link’s LMI blog. LMI stands for Labor Market Information. LMI groups all information that could prove useful for people who are looking for a job, who must make a career choice, or who want to improve their current job situation.
LMI is also for employers who are interested in the state of the labour market or who are looking for skilled workers for their company.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the labour market include:
- What is the current job market situation?
- Which trades or occupations are in highest demand?
- What is the average wage for a given occupation?
- What type of training offers the best job prospects?
- What are the job prospects, by occupation and sector, for the next several years?
- How many workers are available, by occupation and sector?
- Do any regions offer a better chance of finding work than others?
- What skills should be highlighted in a résumé or interview?
This blog is dedicated to distributing relevant Labour Market Information on the local Powell River and North Vancouver Island regions.