Career Link Blog: Web Log (www.careerlinkbc.wordpress.com)
- A blog (also called a weblog or web log) is a website consisting of entries (also called posts) appearing in reverse chronological order with the most recent entry appearing first (similar in format to a daily journal). Blogs typically include features such as comments and links to increase user interactivity. Blogs are created using specific publishing software (eg. WordPress.com or blogspot.com…)
- Subscribe now to be notified when we publish new content on our blog. Subscribe now: https://careerlinkbc.wordpress.com/feed/rss/ Blogs Today: As the Internet has become more social, blogs have gained in popularity. Today, there are over 100 million blogs with more entering the blogosphere everyday. Blogs have become more than online diaries. In fact, blogging has become an important part of the online and offline worlds with popular bloggers impacting the worlds of politics, business and society with their words.
- Twitter is a website, owned and operated by Twitter Inc., which offers a social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the user’s profile page. Tweets are publicly visible by default; however, senders can restrict message delivery to just their followers. Users may subscribe to other users’ tweets – this is known as following and subscribers are known as followers or tweeps (Twitter + peeps). All users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, compatible external applications (such as for smartphones), or by Short Message Service (SMS) available in certain countries. While the service is free, accessing it through SMS may incur phone service provider fees.
Career Link’s Facebook Page (FB): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Career-Link-Powell-River-BC/361995013333
Career Link’s Profile: Will work: http://www.facebook.com/#!/CareerLink
Facebook is a social network service and website launched in February 2004; it has more than 600 million active users.
FB Users may:
- create a personal profile,
- add other users as friends and exchange messages
- join common interest user groups, organized by workplace, school, or college, or other characteristics.
You need to be registered as a Facebook user (accounts are free) in order to fully access and interact with Facebook pages or groups. But you can get some info even if you are not registered, for example you can visit our CareerlinkBC page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Career-Link-Powell-River-BC/361995013333
Facebook provides three types of “profiles” for people to use to facilitate communication with their audience; we have two of these:
- Facebook Profiles are what people use to maintain their online identity with Facebook. One example that comes to mind is my local coffee shop, Coffee Rush. While they have a Page, their personal profile provides for 1:1 messaging with the business owner. > We have this, it’s Will Work: Will is Career Link’s mascot. His/her profile page is at http://www.facebook.com/#!/CareerLink
- Facebook Pages are intended for businesses, brands and public figures. We’ve got a pretty cool page, but I have to pay respect to Pages that really work it: Vitamin Water, Red Bull and Starbucks. > We have this, it’s CareerlinkBC (find us by searching for careerlinkbc in your own Facebook profile’s “search” box or link to it directly by entering this long URL into your browser’s address line: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Career-Link/361995013333 or…. “Like us” on our website or blog. LIKE US! The more ‘Likes’ we have, the better reach we’ve got. We link to this from our website; but in order to “like” the page, you have to sign into your account.
The “Great Integration”: We have set things up so that any Facebook message (a.k.a ‘wall status’) will — once published–also forward that message to our Twitter account, which will in turn send the tweet to our website (careerlinkbc.com) in the left hand column on the job postings page: http://careerlinkbc.com/employment.html and onto our Blog page in the right side column under Career Tweets (www.careerlinkbc.wordpress.com) Our Blog posts are also sent onto Facebook as status updates (which will link to the actual blog post), and also sent out to Twitter.