Powell River job seekers in the construction industry have a prime opportunity to find employment next week. Save the date and polish up your resume because Yellowridge Construction Ltd. is hosting a job fair here in Powell River on September 15th from 5pm to 7pm at the Grief Point Elementary School gymnasium.
Yellowridge is the design-build contractor for School District 47’s newest school Westview Elementary. The Port Moody based construction company may ring your memory bell as they were behind the Powell River Kiwanis Housing Project. To learn more about their current Powell River project check out this link http://www.sd47.bc.ca/Schools/newschool/Pages/default.aspx
We know that for many job seekers, the chance to meet with employers face to face is often a rarity. This event is an excellent chance to meet some contractors, discuss work prospects in several areas of interest (see here for a full list), ask questions and of course network! Everyone is welcome.
Planning on attending? Excellent. We’d be pleased to work with you to maximize the impact of your first impression with Employers. Career Link has drop-in self-help services in our Career Lab. There you will find computers, printers and helpful resume/cover letter guides. If you get “stuck” (like you could really use some help formatting or proofreading your documents) our Career Lab Advisors Giovanni and Rob can give you a hand.
Don’t have a current resume? Want to practice your interview skills before the job fair? How about making an appointment with an Employment Counsellor for one-on-one help and feedback? You can book an appointment by calling 604.485.7958 or online at http://www.careerlinkbc.com/appt.html.
Job Fair FAQ’s
- What do I bring? An up to date resume (be sure your contact information is correct). Why not bring a couple of copies? Job Fairs are networking events so best to be prepared.
- What do I wear? First impressions are important. If the job doesn’t require a business suit then no need to wear one. You can put your best foot forward with a clean and tidy appearance, offering a genuine smile and by maintaining eye contact throughout your conversation. Showing interest and good manners is important, regardless of the type of job you are looking for. Every employer appreciates someone who is dedicated, conscientious, and attentive.
- Who will be there? In attendance from Yellowridge will be Eileen Hawboldt, Manager of HR and Marketing, Brian Wess, Site Superintendent and Aaron Toews, Project Manager. Representatives from Dual Mechanical Ltd. and Houle Electric will also be there.
- How do I follow up after the Job Fair? Contact information will be provided there and it’s a good idea to follow up to say thank-you and show you are serious about the job.
- I can’t make the job fair! or I missed the job fair, now what? You can email your resume to email@example.com We suggest a relevant subject line such as: Powell River New School Construction.