Out of work and need a hand getting into the job market?
Job Options BC is an employment and skills training program that can help unemployed British Columbians gain the skills, confidence and experience they need to find employment.
· Unemployed, non-EI British Columbians who are Landed Immigrants or Canadian Citizens and are not attending school
· A non-EI individual is one who has not established a regular Employment Insurance (EI) claim in the last three years; and, has not established a maternity or parental claim in the past five years
· Individuals who are most likely to benefit from long term job search help, supported work experience and follow-up support services
· 6 weeks of facilitated group work followed by 4 weeks of work experience options to a maximum of 10 weeks
· Training allowances for 6 weeks of group work
· Preparation for employment, or where appropriate, further training and up to 6 months follow up support
For more information, call Susan at 604.485.7958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is May 17, 2013.
Working together to help keep BC strong
Funding provided through the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement