Career Link is very happy to award First Group of Companies with the 2013 Powell River Healthiest Workplace Contest! They will get to celebrate with a $100 gift certificate to a local food establishment of their choice. Bon Appétit!
The Career Link Promotions Committee chose applicant Angie Poulsen’s entry for its reference to the many programs that First Group of Companies offers its employees, including a Wellness Program Committee, monthly nutrition and fitness programs, incentives for employees fitness activities, and educational/personal incentives, and more.
Other worthy contestants from the five organizations who submitted mentioned these great ideas on how to maintain a healthy workplace:
- Reduced waste in the workplace, as well as active recycling programs)
- The removal of workplace hazards and ergonomics in the design of desks, etc
- Cleanliness in the workplace
- Mentoring youth
- Educational incentives
- Encouraging employees to take their First Aid ticket
- Personal care (yoga, sauna, fitness instruction, nutritionist)
- Team outings and celebrations
- Discounts to local gyms
- Paid sick and family days
Many thanks to all contest participants!