Leading off Hiring Fair season, Career Link’s first ever job fair was clearly a success. With 18 employers and hundreds of job seekers and career changers, this event hosted here at the Career Link, created an environment prime for fostering new employment relationships.
A heartfelt thank-you to everyone who made this event a success. The staff at Career Link, the employers who shared their time, the job seekers who attended, the media that spread the word, and River City Coffee for the delicious lunch.
- Job Fair day, Career Link’s door opened 470 times. A typical daily door count is around 180.
- 95 people signed up for a door prize
- 78 people signed into our sign-in computer
- 33 job seekers filled out a feedback form
Employers and job seekers alike were generous with their praise.
- “Found people I wasn’t really looking for but definitely could use”
- “[Of the ten I spoke with] one good candidate for sure”
Job seeker responses
- “Well organized and advertised”
- “It was apparent that significant effort went into organizing”
- “Very organized, stations clearly indicated”
What we heard from both job seekers and employers is that they would recommend Career Link use a larger venue for the next Job Fair to allow more privacy for conversations as well as a larger contingent of employers.
Any employer interested in participating in the next event is encouraged to contact Career Link at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604.485.7958. Keep an eye on our website www.careerlinbc.com for any news and drop by anytime at #103-4511 Marine Avenue, Powell River, BC.