The Sunshine Coast Region and Sea to Sky region has a new Apprenticeship Advisor, Shannon Hanson. Shannon’s main office location is at North Vancouver at the NSMA Office, 211 – 260 West Esplanade, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 3G7. She can be reached at 604.971.1599 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of her role is to provide support and guidance on elements of apprenticeship. Shannon is encouraging apprentices, candidates who are working in a trade field but wish to acquire trade certification or candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in the trades to contact him when there are questions. A scheduled appointment can also be arranged.
Why would you choose to contact or schedule an appointment with an Apprenticeship Advisor?
An apprenticeship is all about learning and training so that you gain the skills you need to excel in your chosen profession. Completion of an apprenticeship has several components to acquiring a trade certification. To understand all of these apprenticeship components you need to feel confident in what you are deciding. An Apprenticeship Advisor can help you understand these various apprenticeship components.
Drop in at Powell River Vancouver Island University located at 7085 Nootka Street:
- Friday, June 26th from 10am to 2pm
- Wed, July 22nd from 9am to 12pm
You may wish information on:
- What you have completed in your apprenticeship – i.e. recorded work-based hours in Direct Access.
- Resources which are available to help you prepare for the Red Seal or certification exam.
- Starting training when you have no marketable skills to acquire employment or an apprenticeship in a trade profession.
- How you acquire trade certification if you have worked in a trade profession for several years but have not acquired a Certificate of Qualification for that trade.
- The requirements to achieve a trade certification in specific program area.
- The transfer credit of technical training and/or work-based hours to registration in another trade.
- Government grants or tax credits to assist in covering the cost of your apprenticeship training.
- Financial supports which may be available for in-school technical training.
- What steps should be taken if I no longer have a sponsor to complete all of my work-based hours.
How do I contact the North Shore – Sunshine Coast/Sea to Sky Apprenticeship Advisor?
Contact Shannon by phoning her office phone at 604.971.1599 or contact her via email at email@example.com