Here are some links to info you might find interesting if you are new to town or just moved here and are seeking work.
- Our own site has lots of info careerlinkbc.com; our blog is www.careerlinkbc.wordpress.com and our facebook page is very active with regional and local news and job postings
- Chamber of Commerce
- Powell River Living (general info) Magazine (back issues available online)
- City of Powell River (jobs with the City here) list of businesses here. Business Licencing.
- The Powell River Regional District (jobs with them here)
- New site on investing/living in Powell River
Powell River Peak newspaper (job listings here and here)
- Powell River’s “Vital Signs” report 2011 (there is a new one being compiled right now)
- Some of our larger single employers in town are inclusion Powell River, Catalyst paper, Vancouver Coastal Health and School District 47, and The PREP Society (of which Career Link is a part); plus the requisite retail outlets (Safeway, Walmart, Tim Hortons, McDonald’s, Quality Foods, Save on Foods, Shoppers Drug Mart, Staples), and quite a few more assisted living organizations. If you drop by we can print out a list of them.
Our region has a budding agriculture and aquaculture scene, plus a new brewery and many recreational opportunities from kayaking and sailing to rock climbing, hiking, swimming, snowshoeing, skiing, and diving.
Employment counsellors are able to meet with you only when you are residing here and working fewer than 20 hours per week and not a student (call us to determine your eligibility at 604.485.7958) , but anyone is welcome to use our info services in our self-help lab.
Welcome to our chunk of paradise. We hope this helps!