Career Link we be putting on its second Social Media for Success workshop on Tuesday, February 2nd, from 1pm-4pm. There was a lot of positive feedback last time this workshop was held in September, and we’re hoping to have a full class and lots of group discussion.
I thought I would provide an overview of what is discussed in the workshop!
Here are the workshop objectives:
- To leverage social media to improve job search success
- To understand online presence and its impact on job search
- To assist job seekers with setting up a Linked-in Account (if wanted)
Here are some topics and activities we cover:
- Social Media – How is it defined? What are examples? Impacts on our personal life? Impacts on Job Search?
- Employers and Social Media – Are employers using social media? How are they using social it? What are they looking for?
- Online Presence – What does that mean? Public vs private information? Is making social media the right choice for you?
- Google Ourselves – We take some time to search for our own names, and see what kind of information we find
- Job Seekers and Social Media – How can you leverage social media for job search? What sites could you use?
- A look at various social medias – Linked-in, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, Youtube, Pinterest, etc.
- Setup a Linked-in Profile – The last hour is mostly focused on Linked-in, and clients can opt-in or opt-out of making a profile
SIGN UP TODAY!
Visit Career Link (#103, 4511 Marine Ave) call us at 604.485.7958 or sign up online!