EDGE ~ Career Focus is a Work Experience program for you if you are a post-secondary student (but not returning to school) between the ages of 15 and 30
If you qualify and are looking for employment in your field, EDGE ~ Career Focus will add a valuable marketing tool to your portfolio: an employer can receive up to 50% of your wages to offset employment costs! Isn’t that a great way to land a position so that you can gain valuable experience working in your field and advancing your career?
Get an EDGE. Work in Your Field
Call Peter Harvey at 604.485.7958 or email email@example.com
Edge ~ Career Focus is a Wage Subsidy Work Experience program administered by Beacon Community Services and funded through the Government of Canada’s Career Focus Program.
- Between 15 and 30
- Be a post-secondary grad or have some post-secondary education – no expiry date
- Not be currently on EI or Reachback
- Live in Powell River, BC
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status
- To a maximum of 22 weeks
- 30 or more hours per week
- An ‘in demand’ occupation in either business, tourism, trades, technology, or social work
What’s Available to the Employer?
- Negotiated assistance with wages – partial wage reimbursement for candidates hired from our EDGE Program for up to 22 weeks (50% wage subsidy of up to $19.75/hour if maximum weeks used)
- Assistance with completing the Wage Subsidy Application
- Ongoing contact and support
- Minimal paperwork, fast agreement approval and quick turn-around time for reimbursement
All applications are subject to Career Link approval.