We are excited to announce the dates for our next BladeRunners Youth Employment Program session–March 5th to March 30th, 2018 at Career Link. Give us a call or email today to learn how you can join the next session!
What is BladeRunners?
BladeRunners is one of the most successful youth employment programs in BC. It helps participants with multiple barriers to employment to successfully transition into the workplace. By providing essential certifications and personal guidance, BladeRunners helps to ensure participants have what it takes to get hired.
This session of BladeRunners is geared towards preparing participants for jobs in the service industry. Eligible youth who wish to become employed this summer are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will BladeRunners receive?
- 4 weeks of classroom-based learning focusing on professional development, skills enhancement, and personal growth
- WHMIS, Food Safe, World Host, Serving it Right, First Aid (OFA L1) and other workshops and training
- Possibility of other certifications or necessary pieces of identification as needed
- Weekly training stipend for attendance
- Work clothes to help support the cost of entering the workplace
- Possibility of participating in additional work experience
Who is Eligible?
Unemployed or underemployed youth ages 15-30 who are not students and have not received Employment Insurance in the past 5 years are eligible for BladeRunners. Good candidates for BladeRunners include youth with some of the following barriers and criteria:
o Lack of experience or education (eg. Non-completion of High School, limited work experience or training)
o At risk factors (eg. History of substance abuse, single parent issues, contact with justice, homeless or at risk of homelessness)
o Aboriginal ancestry.
- The program runs for 4 weeks
- Sessions will be held at Career Link #103, 4511 Marine Avenue, Powell River, BC
- To discuss becoming a BladeRunner, please contact Sara Beauregard at email@example.com or call at 604 485-7958.