If you’re a student looking for a summer job in the Food Service Industry, think about getting Foodsafe Certified. Having this on your resume will surely help in getting food prep or serving jobs as well!
- Food Safe Level 1 or Level 2 courses, in-person/classroom, searchable by Location: (Level 2 mostly in Lower Mainland) http://www.foodsafe.ca/index.html
- Food Safe Level 2– In-person courses are mostly in Lower Mainland or Online.
- Level 1 and Level 1 Refresher are also available online at OpenSchool link.
About this course:
FOODSAFE Level 2 is designed for foodservice owners, managers, kitchen managers, executive chefs, and anyone else who is responsible for managing food safety.
FOODSAFE Level 1 is a pre-requisite for this course – it will expand on some information covered in Level 1.
It will also cover:
- Creating a culture of food safety
- Food borne illness
- Employee hygiene and illness
- Receiving, storage and transportation
- Pest control and sanitation plans
- Food safety plans
Learners have 28 days to complete this 10- to 14-hour course.
Now please continue through the FOODSAFE registration process (at website address below).
This information is collected by Open School BC under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (BC) and will be used to provide you with a user account. Should you have questions regarding the collection of this personal information, please email the Manager of Educational Applications at email@example.com.
The BC Ministry of Health is collecting your personal information under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of tracking FOODSAFE and MarketSafe course participation. If you have any questions with regards to the collection of your personal information please contact HP-PHW@gov.bc.ca.
Looking for more Information?
- Refunds and Extensions
- Account Manager login
- Course Login
- Invigilator Login
- Technical Support
- Questions: 1-888-883-4766