EMPLOYERS & YOUTH TAKE NOTE!
APPLICATIONS NOW ACCEPTED
The Get Youth Working! Program, funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement, offers employers a $2,800 Wage Subsidy to hire eligible youth 15 to 29 years of age. If you have any questions while completing the form please call (250) 861-3100 or toll free 1 (877) 866-3100.
To find out more about the Get Youth Working Program please visit our website at www.getyouthworking.ca
Eligibility criteria for employer:
- Youth must be a new hire
- In operation for at least one year
- In good standing with WorkSafeBC
- Must employ youth for a minimum of 3 months
- Must employ youth for a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Employers will NOT qualify if employee is hired prior to signing Get Youth Working Funding Agreement
Eligibility criteria for youth:
- 15 to 29 years of age
- Unemployed or underemployed (less than 20 hours a week) or
- Precariously employed (working unstable or irregular hours (such as casual labour or on-call work), working for unreliable wages (such as piece-work or commission) and/or working for earnings that cannot support an individual or their family
- Seeking full time employment
- Not a full-time student, enrolled in high school or returning to school
- Not a participant in another provincially or federally funded labour market program (excluding WorkBC)
- Resident of BC (living in BC as a Canadian, a permanent resident or a protected person) and legally entitled to work in Canada (not utilizing any type of Visa (i.e work or student)
*EI Eligibility or Reachback status is no longer part of the eligibility criteria.