Planning for work throughout the winter and beyond:Ski Resort and Tree Planting Profiles
Types of work typically available, with many having live-in options.
- Ski/ Snowboard Instructors/ Valets/ Ski Lift Operators
- Hotel Guest Services/ Front Desk, Room Attendants, Hosts
- Shuttle Bus Drivers, Material Handlers
- Culinary Team Members, Servers/Bussers, and Bartending
- Laundry and Cleaning Staff, Dishwashers
- Lift operators, Snow Makers/ Groomers and Groundskeepers, and Facility Maintenance
- Entertainment, Social Media
- Spa/Massage/ Physical Therapy Workers
- Human resources and accounting staff
- Medical attendants/ Safety workers
Work in Reforestation: Tree Planting (BC)
As a recent article suggested, due to the wildfires throughout BC in recent years (and other extreme weather conditions), there is a greater demand for tree planters than there has been for a while. It’s very tough work and not for everyone, but worth a look.
Dave Robinson is no rookie tree planter.
After a steady campaign planting nearly 300,000 trees across B.C., Alberta and Quebec this year, the veteran planter says he earned about $30,000 for 95 days of work.
“I like working in the field, and I like generating wealth,” said Robinson when asked why he keeps returning to what’s often described as a grueling job. Read more.
They provide links to many reforestation companies (click below)