As prepared by Career Link Counsellor Francene Ross
Oil Field Hauling/Trucking Companies
Site Preparation Companies
Site C Dam: https://www.sitecproject.com/
Northern BC and Alberta Oil & Gas Companies
- Albian Sands To apply: Website: www.albiansands.ca
- Apache Corporation To apply: Phone: (403) 261-1200 Fax: (403) 266-5987 Website: www.apachecorp.com
- BG Canada Exploration and Production Inc. To apply: Website: www.bg-group.com
- Bonavista Energy Trust To apply: Fax: (403) 262-5184 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bonavistaenergy.com
- BP Canada To apply: Website: www.bp.com
- Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. To apply: Phone: (403) 517-6700 Fax: (403) 517-7350 Website: www.cnrl.com
- ConocoPhillips Canada To apply: Website: www.conocophillips.ca
- Devon Canada To apply: Phone: (403) 571-3600 Fax: (403) 571-6510 Website: www.devonenergy.com
- Duvernay Oil Corp. To apply: Phone: (403) 571-3600 Fax: (403) 269-6510 E-mail: email@example.com
- EnCana Petroleum Corp. To apply: Website: www.encana.com
- Ensign Energy Website: www.ensignenergy.com
- ExxonMobil Canada To apply: Website: www.exxonmobil.com
- Halliburton To apply: Website: www.halliburton.com
- Husky Oil Operations Ltd. To apply: Website: www.huskyenergy.ca
- Imperial Oil Resources Ltd. To apply: Phone: 1-800-567-3776 Fax: (403) 968-4262 Website: www.imperialoil.ca
- Nexen www.nexeninc.ca
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd. To apply: Website: www.pennwest.com
- Petro-Canada Oil & Gas Mail Application to: Petro-Canada; PO Box 2844 Calgary, AB T2P 3E3 Website: www.petro-canada.ca
- Pioneer Natural Resources Canada Ltd. To apply: Phone: (403) 231-3100 Fax: (403) 216-2514 Website: www.proexenergy.com
- Shell Website: www.shell.ca
- Suncor Energy Ltd. To apply: Phone: 1-866-276-7800 (option 2) Website: www.suncor.com
- Syncrude www.syncrude.ca
- Talisman Energy Corp. To apply: Phone: (403) 237-1234 Fax: (403) 237-1902 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inquire as soon as possible. To discuss becoming a BladeRunner, please contact Sara Beauregard at email@example.com or call at 604 485-7958.
The new program Start date is January 22 and will run until February 16, 2018
What is BladeRunners?
BladeRunners is one of the most successful youth employment programs in BC. It helps participants with multiple barriers to employment to successfully transition into the workplace. By providing essential certifications and personal guidance, BladeRunners helps to ensure participants have what it takes to get hired.
This session of BladeRunners is geared towards preparing participants for jobs in the service industry. Eligible youth who wish to become employed this summer are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will BladeRunners receive?
- 4 weeks of classroom-based learning focusing on professional development, skills enhancement, and personal growth
- WHMIS, Food Safe, World Host, Serving it Right, First Aid (OFA L1) and other workshops and training
- Possibility of other certifications or necessary pieces of identification as needed
- Weekly training stipend for attendance
- Work clothes to help support the cost of entering the workplace
- Possibility of participating in additional work experience
Who is Eligible?
Unemployed or underemployed youth ages 15-30 who are not students and have not received Employment Insurance in the past 5 years are eligible for BladeRunners. Good candidates for BladeRunners include youth with some of the following barriers and criteria:
o Lack of experience or education (eg. Non-completion of High School, limited work experience or training)
o At risk factors (eg. History of substance abuse, single parent issues, contact with justice, homeless or at risk of homelessness)
o Aboriginal ancestry.
- The program runs for 4 weeks, The new program Start date is January 22 and will run until February 16, 2018
- Sessions will be held at Career Link #103, 4511 Marine Avenue, Powell River V8A 2K5
- To discuss becoming a BladeRunner, please contact Sara Beauregard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 604 485-7958.
FAST TRACK TO TRADES: 6-week funded programThis program will prepare At-Risk Youth, Indigenous Peoples and Women for success in entering a trade with employment opportunities locally and across BC. All areas of training are focused on trade-occupations preparation, which includes Essential Skills, Employability Skills and five industry certifications.
Financial assistance, such as funded training and child care & transportation subsidies may be available for eligible participants. Possible tuition funding in upcoming Trades Programs.
Start date Monday, February 5, 2018. For more information, please contact us at 604-485-2878.
December Job Posting Statistics
Total # of jobs posted 77
Total # of positions offered: 88
|Other services non-gov’t||13|
|Recreation and Sports||2|
2017 Year in Review: Powell River Job Offerings
Total # of Job Postings in 2017: 1537; Total # of Jobs Offered: 2088
Sector ———————————————- # of positions offered
|Accommodation Service Managers||34|
|Accounting and Related Clerks||30|
|Other services non-gov’t||37|
|Reception/Hotel Front Desk||32|
|Recreation and Sports||55|
Hire a Student for the Summer – WAGES COVERED. Could you use another set of hands for the summer 2018? Here is a Federal Grant to help pay their wages.
Canada Summer Jobs Grant (CSJ) provides funding to small businesses with 50 or fewer full-time employees, not-for-profit organizations, and public-sector employers to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
Read more about eligibility and details HERE
APPLY NOW! DEADLINE: Feb 2nd 2018
- The application deadline is Friday, February 2, 2018.
- The earliest job start date is Monday, April 23, 2018.
- The latest job start date is Sunday, July 22, 2018.
- The latest job end date is Saturday, September 1, 2018.
Career Link’s 2018 Spring JOB FAIR
Need help finding the student you got a grant to hire this summer? Call us about the Career Link 5th Annual Job Fair coming this Spring.